Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Night Sweets

*****************************

Our Blog has moved!  

Please visit us 


*****************************








White Chocolate Cranberry Almond cookies

Don't ask me why but, every Sunday night once I get my kids into bed, I feel like eating baked goods.  Maybe it's my sub-conscience gearing up for another week or trying to reward me for all the hard work I've done the week before. Whatever the case, I have an overwhelming feeling that I need to bake.  Tonight I debated for an hour trying to convince myself to eat a salad instead...clearly the salad lost.  I did decide to go "healthy" with my choice and made cookies that have both fruit and nuts.  lol 
They actually turned out pretty yummy, for a non-chocolate treat, so I decided to share the recipe.  If you are OCD when it comes to directions then you may hate me and my directions.  I like to cut corners.  Anything that saves me time/work and doesn't sacrifice taste, I'm all about it.  Less dishes, less mess, more time to enjoy my treats.  :)


Ingredients:

3/4C butter
1/4C sugar
1C brown sugar
1T. Vanilla
1egg + 1egg yolk
*******
2C (plus 1T.) flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
*******
1C white choc. chips
1C dried cranberries
1/2 C slivered almonds OR macadamia nuts
Pre-Heat oven to 325

1) Cream together first section of ingredients in a large bowl. 
(I usually throw my butter in the bowl first and microwave it until its half soft and half melted, then I add the sugars, vanilla and eggs)

2) In the same bowl sprinkle your 2C plus 1T. of flower over the creamed sugars completely covering it. In your dirty 1C measuring cup,  mix your soda and salt together then sprinkle it evenly over your flour.  Once you have all your dry ingredients covering your creamed sugar mix thoroughly.


3) Add your white chocolate chips, cranberries and nuts


4) Place one inch balls of dough 1-2 in. apart on your cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 15 min

5) Once your cookies are done, leave them on the cookie sheet until they have set.  (about 3 minutes)


I like to cool my cookies on a double layer of paper towels but, you can use a rack if you like. :)



My pictures may not be that great because it's midnight so the lighting is horrible but, the cookies sure do taste good.  They will be even better for breakfast!! or the 7 times I'm going to get up in the night to nurse the baby.  lol
~DeLynne

No comments:

Post a Comment