Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Easy Mac Will Never Boil Over Again!!!

*****************************

Our Blog has moved!  

Please visit us 


*****************************









I'm not proud of it but my 7 year old is a Carb-O-Vore.  It's terrible.  She actually calls herself a vegetarian however, getting her to eat a vegetable is worse than pouring salt into a wound and there is absolutely no way on earth she would ever put any form of meat into her mouth.  That being said, there are some nights that I simply can not cater to the craziness. Those nights call for something quick and it's usually Easy Mac (don't even judge me...or do...whatever) 
I actually hate easy mac. I hate it for many reasons but, one of my top reasons is because whoever designed it had clearly never actually cooked it and/or doesn't have to clean the microwave at their house because it never fails that the tiny little 5oz. pot of easy mac somehow boils 10 gallons of sticky, starchy, sludge all over the inside of the microwave as it cooks.  Soooooo annoying!!!  Those of you who do not believe in modern day revelation, I hate to burst your bubble because, today I had a revelation.   Have you ever seen the trick where you put a wooden spoon on top of your pot to keep it from boiling over onto the stove top? WELL...I thought to myself, "I bet that would work in the microwave".  I don't own a wooden spoon, nor do I think they make one small enough to balance on top of my easy mac so I grabbed a skewer and broke it in half.  (I bet a Popsicle stick or craft stick would work too).  Sure enough, it worked like a champ!  Absolutely no slimy sludge spilled over into my microwave. In fact, I made 6 packages (don't ask) and it worked every time.  Yay, for being a genius!  lol

Happy Sunday Everyone!

~DeLynne


9 comments:

  1. OH my!! I have this same problem and HATE cooking Easy Mac. The other day, I actually cooked in the (3) one minute intervals just to avoid the boil over. (The things we do for our kids!) So thanks for this trick--and the one about the wooden spoon/pot. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't claim the wooden spoon and the pot but...the easy mac is all mine. hahaha. You are so welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No judging here, thanks for the tip, can't wait to try it. I'm cleaning my microwave as I read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try it with a chopstick next time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried with the chopstick and popsicle sticks no luck!! I hate the boil over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Putting the wooden spoon over my cup of Mac n cheese, put it in for 3 minutes like the instructions said. After 3 min, opened the door and smoke began to fill the kitchen. I touched the wooden spoon to remove it and it burned me! There were black spots in the spoon that weren’t there before I put it in the microwave. Almost caught on fire.... I feel dumb. I mean, it worked, the water from the bowl didn’t pour over in the microwave, but I rather not almost burn down the house just to make Mac & Cheese.

      Delete
  7. Kraft makes an inferior macaroni cup

    ReplyDelete
  8. my 7 yr old daughter has rejected any other Mac n chz after trying easy Mac. (I have to admit, sometimes im just to lazy to cook, so the easy Mac comes in handy).
    recently I've been unable to find any of the packs where the noodles are already in a bowl. I ended up buying the Kraft brand in the box where there's 6 packets, no bowls. I figured it'd be the same esp considering I already have quite a few bowls I ended up saving from earlier easy Mac purchases.
    WELL, NOPE IT'S DEF NOT THE SAME! I haven't been able to make a single bowl without having to clean up the sludge you spoke of!!
    I read about the wooden spoon on a stove top and wondered if a popsicle stick would work similarly. I tried only microwaving a minute at a time earlier and it still boiled over, so next time I'm giving the popsicle stick thing a try.
    if that doesn't work, I won't be buying the pouches anymore. it's just not worth the mess to me.

    ReplyDelete