Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lasagna Nachos = heaven


*****************************

Our Blog has moved!  

Please visit us 


*****************************







Have you ever made something new that you though would be good..but then blew you away with yumminess? 
I just did it. Lasagna nachos. 
I saw something similar at some point somewhere on the web..but I don't remember where...I tried looking this afternoon, but couldn't find it.  So I winged it.
That's pretty much how I roll in the kitchen anyway.
I just wing it or make do with whatever I have.
I will likely be five pounds heavier in the morning, but I don't even care. 

I didn't take pictures of the steps -  but these were so easy to make.

first i took some bulk sausage and browned it with a couple tablespoons of minced garlic and about half of a chopped onion.

I made some sauce the night before and had some left over...about 2-3 cups I think.  I mixed that in with the sausage.  You don't want it soupy...just enough to coat the sausage plus a little more 
(you can use ground turkey or beef - whatever you choose - i just happen to think sausage adds more flavor to sauce)

I took the lasangna noodles and broke each one into thirds and boiled them for about 8 minutes.  You want them to be not quite done..a little chewy.

Heat a skillet with oil.  I used canola oil because it is what I had..maybe you like to fry stuff in another type of oil.  I don't try stuff very often..but this tasted great.

I kept the heat on medium and tossed a little noodle in there to see if it was ready...little sizzle and I knew I could get started.

I took the noodles and friend them until they were golden brown - and then put them on paper towel to cool and soak up some grease.  i sprinkled them with a little salt while they were still wet with the oil so it would stick.

Once they were done, I put some parchment paper on a cookie sheet and preheated my oven to 350.

I did a layer of noodles, some meat sauce, lots of mozzarella cheese, more noodles, meat sauce and cheese.  I stuck them in the oven for about 10 minutes to melt the cheese..took them out and topped them with chopped tomatoes and tore up some fresh basil.

These are seriously sinful...but worth every bite.

YUM.

Let me know if you try them!

~Jacki~

No comments:

Post a Comment